Diabetes Prevention & Education Center
Patients and members of the community are offered self-management support through a variety of educational sessions at our Diabetes and Family & Community Medicine Physician Offices, at Abrams Public Health Center. At the center you’ll find a large demonstration kitchen, a classroom and a fitness assessment facility. Our complementary programs – from diabetes support groups to classes about healthy food choices and cooking demonstrations – are offered daily and provided in both English and Spanish. Programming is provided from Banner – University Medical Center and affiliated community partners. These classes are for information purposes; please always check with your doctor for medical advice.
- Canyon Ranch Center for Prevention and Health Promotion
- Banner – University Medical Center Department of Nutritional Sciences
- University of Arizona School of Nursing
- Banner – University Medical Center Sports Medicine
- Diabetes Prevention Program at YMCA
- Diabetes Care Record / In Spanish: Take this with you to your diabetes health-care provider visits. Talk to your doctor about how you are doing and what you can do to improve your care.
- Blood Sugar Log / Valores de glucosa (azucar) en sangre: Use this to record your home blood sugar testing results. Share the results with your diabetes health-care provider.
Walk-ins welcome but schedule subject to change please call 520-874-6477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.