Diabetes Prevention & Education Center
Patients and members of the community are offered self-management support through a variety of educational sessions at our Diabetes and Family & Community Medicine Physician Offices, at Abrams Public Health Center. At the center you’ll find a large demonstration kitchen, a classroom and a fitness assessment facility. Our complementary programs – from diabetes support groups to classes about healthy food choices and cooking demonstrations – are offered daily and provided in both English and Spanish. Programming is provided from Banner – University Medical Center and affiliated community partners. These sessions are for general information and support purposes. Always check with your doctor for any specific medical advice.
Para Ver nuestros talleres en el Calendario de Eventos. Para buscar talleres sobre diabetes, seleccione la palabra “Diabetes” en el menú desplegable de categorías y presione el botón de búsqueda. Para ver e imprimir el calendario, haga click aqui.
- Canyon Ranch Center for Prevention and Health Promotion
- Banner – University Medical Center Department of Nutritional Sciences
- University of Arizona School of Nursing
- Banner – University Medical Center Sports Medicine
- Diabetes Prevention Program at YMCA
- Diabetes Care Record / In Spanish: Take this with you to your diabetes health-care provider visits. Talk to your doctor about how you are doing and what you can do to improve your care.
- Blood Sugar Log / Valores de glucosa (azucar) en sangre: Use this to record your home blood sugar testing results. Share the results with your diabetes health-care provider.
Walk-ins welcome but schedule subject to change please call 520-874-6477 or email email@example.com to confirm.