Specialized Transplant Expertise that Takes a Team Approach to Care
At every step of the process — before, during and after transplant surgery — our multidisciplinary team is focused on giving you the best possible care and outcome.
Our Comprehensive Transplant Program includes these procedures:
- Liver and bile duct
- Multiple-organ transplants such as pancreas-kidney, liver-kidney, heart-kidney and liver-intestine.
Bone Marrow Transplants
In conjunction with the Arizona Cancer Center, we do bone marrow transplantations to treat many malignant diseases. We also use the therapy for dealing with inherited and non-malignant diseases. These include
- Hodgkin’s Disease
With research from our Institute for Cellular Transplantation, we have developed ways to transplant your own cells into your body to treat and replace diseased tissues and organ malfunction.
Composite Tissue Transplants
Our Institute of Composite Tissue Allotransplantation tackles some of the most complex grafting procedures, including
- Hand transplants
- Face transplants.
- The University of Arizona Health Network has been providing transplant services for more than 40 years.
- We are a pioneer in providing transplant services. We are the first public institution in the United States to have active programs in all types of adult and pediatric transplants located in one academic medical center.
- Since the early 1980s, our surgeons have performed complex kidney transplants — frequently in combination with other organs — with excellent outcomes.
- Our intestine transplant program for children and adults is the only one of its kind in the Southwest and offers the option of living donor intestine transplants.
- We are considered a transplant center of excellence by many insurance companies and payors.
In the News