If you are interested in exploring surgical options for improving your self-confidence, the University of Arizona Medical Center’s plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgeons are committed to working with you to create the look that’s right for you.
To schedule a consultation with a surgeon, please call our Patient Service Center at (520) 694-8888 or complete the Request an Appointment form and select Plastic, Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery as the specialty.
No matter the procedure, patients are often happiest with their results when they have open communication with their surgeon, stay motivated and keep realistic expectations.
Breast Reconstruction Surgery
- Breast implants with or without acellular dermal matrices for aesthetic or reconstructive purposes
- Fat grafting techniques to remove fat from unwanted areas and relocated to more desirable locations
- Microsurgical techniques such as DIEP flaps
- Pedicled TRAM flaps and latissimus dorsi flaps for reconstruction after a mastectomy
- Revision of improper previous reconstruction efforts
Our surgeons work together with surgical oncologists, medical oncologists and radiotherapists to evaluate your case and individualize your treatment plan. This comprehensive breast program also helps with non-oncologic breast disease such as breast hypertrophy and congenital malformations; we also help men.
To help you feel your best, we offer a wide spectrum of aesthetic services and cosmetic surgical procedures for the whole body.
- Facial rejuvenation with injectables
- Chemical peels
- Surgical interventions such as facelifts and blepharoplasties for eyelid reconstruction
- Primary and secondary rhinoplasty for nose reconstruction
- Body contouring procedures such as liposuction, abdominoplasty - also called a tummy tuck - and arm, body and thigh lifting
- Aesthetic breast surgery, including breast augmentation, breast lift - called mastopexy - and breast reduction
Cutaneous Plastic Surgery
If you are living with a bothersome skin lesion or scar, our Cutaneous Surgery Program offers surgical procedures for the removal of these issues. Our surgeons will work with you to understand your expectations and will do everything possible to ensure minimal scarring and excellent aesthetic results.
In the case of emergency reconstructive surgery, as the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Southern Arizona, we offer advanced techniques to create a natural appearance while maintaining or restoring function following trauma or illness.
Facial Plastic, Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery
Our facial plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgeons understand the minute, delicate, and functional movements of the face and offer state-of-the-art surgical and nonsurgical procedures.
- Chin lifts
- Eyelid and eyebrow
- Face lifts
- Facial rejuvenation
- Skull and lower jaw
- Neuromodulators for relaxation of overactive facial muscles that lead to premature wrinkling
- Skin resurfacing
- Volume restoration utilizing the latest filler technologies
For those living with craniofacial malformations, our state-of-the-art techniques include custom-fabricated prosthetics and distraction osteogenesis for the reconstruction of the skeleton. As a patient in our Craniofacial Surgery Program, you have access to specialized physicians including neurosurgeons and neuroradiologists who offer a multidisciplinary approach to care.
- Treacher-Collins syndrome
- Apert syndrome
- Pierre-Robin sequence
We also treat patients with congenital, traumatic and neoplastic conditions of the skull, face and jaw.
The University of Arizona conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials that support our commitment to improving patient care. For more information, visit the University of Arizona Clinical Trials site.