Complete, Expert Treatment of the Spectrum of Orthopaedic Conditions
In addition to providing all of the complex fracture and soft tissue repair at Southern Arizona’s only Level I Trauma Center, our surgeons are trained in many subspecialties and provide state-of-the-art care for a wide range of issues.
Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Our hand and upper extremity surgeons have internationally recognized expertise in plastic, reconstructive, orthopaedic and micro surgery. They perform surgery for
- Shoulder and elbow replacement
- Arthroscopy and rotator cuff repair
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Treatment of congenital anomalies
- Repair of complex injuries such as nerve repair and reimplantation of severed digits
- Hand transplantation
- Fractures of the entire upper extremity.
Spine surgeons take a multidisciplinary approach to spine problems. They consult with physical therapists, orthotists, neurologists and neurosurgeons to determine the best way to treat and repair the spinal structure. Their work revolves around
- Correction of spinal curvature
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal trauma often with minimally invasive techniques
- Spinal arthritis
- Traumatic spine injury
- Treatment of sciatica.
Foot and Ankle Surgery
Our foot and ankle specialists also have experience in Sports Medicine. Surgery can include minimally invasive techniques such as arthroscopy to help you get active quickly. Surgeons work on
- Total ankle replacement
- Total joint reconstruction
- Fracture care
- Repair of chronic foot deformities and degenerative tendon disorders such as the posterior tibial and Achilles tendons.
Hip and Knee Surgery
Our surgeons are well-versed in the treatment of these joint issues relating to age or use. They use the latest technology and techniques to provide
- Major joint replacement using minimally invasive approaches and navigation
- Complex revision surgery for failed or worn-out artificial joints
- Treatment of infected artificial joints
- Nonoperative management of hip and knee arthritis
- Management of post-traumatic arthritis and tumor-related surgery.
Surgeons work in conjunction with Diamond Children’s healthcare professionals to handle
- Treatment of congenital and developmental musculoskeletal conditions such as clubfeet, scoliosis and gait issues from differences in leg lengths
- Craniofacial surgery
- Fracture care.
Fracture and Musculoskeletal Trauma Care
Our Level I Trauma Center, the only one south of Phoenix, has orthopaedic surgeons who can expertly treat injury issues involving bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons and cartilage, including
- Geriatric hip fracture repair
- Surgical repair of complex pelvic fractures
- Fracture complications, including infections, nonunions and deformities.