Lung Care, from Asthma to Cancer
We take a team approach, working with other University of Arizona Health Network medical experts such as rheumatologists, allergists, sleep physicians, cardiologists, respiratory care practitioners and oncologists to provide specialized care and management for your complicated needs. Our world-renown pediatric pulmonary care allows us to provide you care at every stage of your life.
Our Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation services and respiratory therapists help you regain breathing function.
These are some of the conditions that we address:
- Sleep disorders related to breathing such as apnea, obesity hypoventilation syndrome, nocturnal hypoxia and snoring
- Pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs)
- Cystic fibrosis and other interstitial and rheumatologic diseases that scar the lungs, such as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, lupus, scleroderma, Sjogren's syndrome and bronchiolitis obliterans
- Obstructive lung diseases
- Asthma and allergies that cause breathing problems
- Valley fever
- Lung cancer
- Lung and lung/heart transplants
Our expertise includes state-of-the-art interventions such as
- Airway stents
- Bronchial thermoplasty, an asthma treatment using heat instead of drugs
- Minimally invasive lung cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Right-heart catheterization for pulmonary hypertension.
The Arizona Respiratory Center conducts a variety of research studies and clinical trials with a commitment to improving patient care. View current and upcoming research studies to see whether you are eligible.